Thursday, September 14, 2006

Musee d'Orsay

Another of my favorite museums was the d'Orsay. What an amazing collection of art! I went there twice not only because I loved what I saw, but because there was so much of it. This is a painting called "The Gleaners" by Millet- one of my all time favorites. It is one of those pieces of art that though I cannot explain why, it speaks to me. These women are poor, but they are also stout and determined. Millet's technique is subtle, but elegant and real.
This is one of those accidental beauties. I was trying to photograph the wonderfully bazaar models beneath the glass, but the reflections of the people walking over it are delightful and very sucessful in this photo.
A fabulous model of the Paris Opera House (if I remember/read the french didactic correctly)
The express escalator to the fifth level (where the impressionist gallery is) also was an intriguing glimpse into the background architecture of the museum. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home